About the Fellowship
Students are eligible to apply for a Paulson Fellowship that allows them to return to Southern Africa to pursue their own research, innovation project, or senior thesis research. Applications should include a 1-2 page (single-spaced) proposal and an itemized budget. The proposal document should describe the activities that the student would engage in, and the goals that would be accomplished with these activities.
Proposals closely aligned with the following priorities will have a greater likelihood of receiving funding:
- The applicant is:
- a past student on the ENVS FSP
- working with our FSP partners on research that builds on work done on the FSP
- working towards a senior thesis
- applying to other Dartmouth funding sources (https://students.dartmouth.edu/ugar/research/getting-started/funding-options/dartmouth-funding)
- The proposed project involves:
- a substantial investment of time (≥2 months).
- significant independent work
Students who receive a Paulson Fellowship are expected to produce a writen report at the conclusion of their work. See recent reports here: